Chris Fraser




Dreams and Memories
June 2011 Installation
Acrylic paint on perspex
 
dreaming...hoping...wishing 2009
 gouache and ink, 29 x 20.5 cm
artist’s statement
My current work is focussed on the use of mixed media and larger hand coloured lino prints. As well as exploring my innate affinity with nature, fish and water, I am deeply involved with developing stylised figures based on photographs from both my childhood and of my own children. I aim to push my painting and printmaking skills further and enjoy the merging of many techniques in my ever evolving mixed media work. I enjoy producing rich and colourful artwork as I find colour and pattern to be uplifting.
Recently I have also been fascinated by the concept of hand held artworks of a small size - this ties in beautifully with the size limitations of the White Cube project. I also gain further inspiration from a number of artists who have a passion for working in their journals on a daily basis. This is a process that I find contributes significantly to artistic focus and energy.

biography
  • born in rural Victoria, I have always enjoyed creating art and appreciating nature
  • local artist and art teacher
  • began exhibiting at Koorlong Fine Craft Gallery 1988
  • began teaching at Mildura Secondary College 1985
  • currently teaching VCE Art and Studio Arts at Mildura Senior College

solo exhibitions
a colourful world, Mildura Arts Centre 2008
Dreaming Painting, Mildura Arts Centre 2004
Other Fish to Fry, Mildura Arts Centre 1999
Flying Fish, AFFA Bendigo 1992
Magical moments, Mildura Arts Centre 1990
Flights of Fantasy, Mildura Arts Centre 1989

group exhibitions
Linden Postcard Show, Linden Centre for Contemporary Arts, St Kilda 2011
Red Mildura Arts Centre 2006
Works on Paper, Gallery 25 2005
with a little help…, Mildura Arts Centre 2003
Recent Works by Mildura Artists, Mildura Arts Centre 2001
Artmaster, Mildura Arts Centre 1999
Mildura Arts Festival Shop Front Art, 1998
Spirituality and Sense of Place, Mildura Arts Centre 1997
Mildura Arts Festival Shop Front Art, 1997
Mildura Arts Festival Open Studios, 1996
Mildura Arts Festival Restaurant Exhibitions, 1995
Diversity in Art, Mildura Arts Centre 1994
Group Exhibition, Dowling House, Swan Hill 1993
Acquisitions, Mildura Arts Centre 1993
Art Auction, Mildura Arts Centre 1990

No comments:

Post a Comment