Win Moser



THE PAPER FILE
Over a period of time, and re-using papers that have been used before for prints or drawings or “studies”, I have made a collection of small drawings which I have filed in this simple paper file.





Little boxes, all different   2011
April Cube Installation

Artist Statement: Celebrating recycling. Making new art out of old artworks.




The Healing, 2010, 30X30cmmixed media on paper

Artist Statement
Over the last few years my art has involved an exploration of my place in the landscape. Living in the centre of a horticultural area facing a major water crisis, I look for ways to respond to the impact we make on the land. In the interests of sustainability, I mostly recycle and reuse materials to create my works and try to use natural materials if I can.
My approach to making art is intuitive and I enjoy the process and the discovery of new ways to express my relationship with my emotional environment or the landscape. I like to work with a range of mediums particularly papers, gouache, inks, collage and various found objects. My work at times involves ecological remediation & revegetation.

Biography
As a child Win loved drawing and over the years developed a great love for the arts. After leaving Secondary school she followed various itinerate work paths mostly unrelated to art. While a full time mother for 10 years Win pursued a range of creative activities with a particular interest in fibre crafts. Recycling and sustainable living always informed her creative activities.
After more than 10 years of working in Social Welfare Win felt it was time to put more of herself into making art. She enrolled in Bachelor Visual Arts at Latrobe University, wanting to learn the techniques involved in painting, drawing & printmaking. Win completed her degree in 2006. She is interested in supporting the works of the Art Vault, Mildura, where she shared a studio space with 3 other fellow artists in 2008 – 2009. She is a member of the local Group Wangumma Artists.

Curriculum Vitae

Education
2001 – 2006,  Bachelor Visual Arts, Latrobe University Mildura Campus.
1991 – 1995,  Bachelor Social Science, Deakin University (off campus), not completed.
1989 – 1990,  Diploma Welfare Studies, Sunraysia TAFE.
1965 – 1970,  Higher School Certificate, St Ursula’s College, Armidale, NSW

Group Exhibitions
2009/April,  Murray Darling Palimpsest #7, Latrobe University, Mildura
2009/February, Wangumma meets Peaka, Stefano’s Gallery 25, Mildura
2009/February, Wetland Dreaming, Stefano’s Gallery 25, Mildura
2008/February, Wetlands Wet and Dry, Gallery 25, Mildura
2008/February Wangumma, Wentworth Memorial Rooms, Wentworth
2006/November, Latrobe Visual Arts Final Year Exhibition, Gallery 25, Mildura

No comments:

Post a Comment