Shelly Thompson


Artists Biography
My name is Shelley Thompson, and I’m a fanatic for art. I am self- taught, I teach myself to use all the medians and techniques myself, and have gathered my art-creating skills ever since I could pick up a pencil (which has luckily improved since my first drawings). Art isn’t my main career goal, however is a major passion of my life and will defiantly always be a part of my life. 


Artists Statement
The inspirations for this painting were mainly the artist, Charmaine Olivia. She is a big influence on most of my work, I like her contemporary style. She was also the influence to start using oil paints. I used linseed oils as thinners for the two oil paintings, which gave the paintings a real smooth texture which I believe, complimented the artworks well. For the rose drawing, I used soft graphite pencils. It’s my main median, and I really enjoy using and exploring the toning and shading qualities of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment