Nicholas Stamp




Tree at night 0.5


Being a Performing Arts teacher has provided me with an invested interest in the arts.  While obtaining my Bachelor of Education degree at La Trobe University in Mildura, I completed several units in visual art, particularly photography. Being naturally technically minded and inquisitive, I became interested in the working of the camera itself and the artwork that may lie within this concept. I began experimenting with light and exposure, interested in the different results.
This work is, like the camera, a device that is used to obtain the final work though I have stripped it of the end result and left it bare, in the midst of this art making process. Similar to that of a pinhole camera, the work produces no tangible photograph and is made ephemeral by the day’s end. It has been re-contextualised and left in a suspended state.    

No comments:

Post a Comment